Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Loot!



My wife and I drove into town last night to do some shopping, and we both came away with some nice stuff.  She ended up with a new Galaxy III, but I think I still came out ahead...

I finally broke down and bought the Obyron model.  I think it looks great even though it is a bit static.  However, I think that the static pose of the model really captures the whole "power behind the throne" and "silent sentinel" vibes of Obyron's fluff.  The model has a lot of really nice details, and the one I found is probably one of the cleaner Finecast models I have seen.

My second purchase was the new Objective Markers/Dice from GW.  I thought they would be useful to help me learn and remember the different mysterious objectives.  I honestly wasn't expecting much in the way of quality for $16, but I was pleasantly surprised!  The case and the holders are fairly flimsy and nothing to write home about, but the dice themselves are pretty nice.  They are very detailed and have a nice heft and feel to them.  They are actually balanced enough that I would have no problem rolling them in the game to determine the mysterious objectives.  My only real complaint is that the case isn't big enough to fit the markers, dice, and a few poker chips.  Why do I care about fitting in poker chips?

If you notice from the photo, I now have five NOVA Open objectives that I purchased last week... along with my tickets for the Narrative  Event!  My wife and I will be moving to an apartment just down the road from NOVA's venue the week before the event, so I plan on throwing some dice while my wife is unpacking boxes...

So yeah... she gets a new phone and I still came out ahead!  (and I will pay for it the rest of my life...)

No comments:

Post a Comment