Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Prepping the SMs for a RTT


2000 Point Battleforce Marines

One of the local stores is hosting a 2K RTT next month and unfortunately my GKs won't ready in time.  I'm currently in the process of figuring out what list I want to run.  The first list is pretty much an extension of the 1750 list I used in the last RTT.  I ended up doing pretty well with it and I think it will scale pretty well.  Because the tournament has soft scores (and I'm model limited) I stuck with my normal "battleforce" approach.  <Broken Link>
Basically it is a Libby, a vanilla LR with Assault Termies, and mech fire support.  The advantage of this list is I would really be suprised if it took a comp hit and I have most of the figures painted to a decent standard for me.  I could take some time to work on touching up some of the models or repainting a squad or two.

The other idea I have been mulling around is the a list using Calgar.  I mean, it IS an Ultrasmurf force.  Why wouldn't I bring out Papa Smurf himself?  I haven't had a chance to use my favorite painted model in a tournament yet, and I thought this might be a good opportunity.  The problem is... How?

After soliciting advice from Dakka, the most meaningful piece of advice (besides "run Vulkan or Lysander) was to avoid LRs and go with foot-slogging Termies.  The idea intrigued me and I came up with what I would consider a very crappy first draft.  It uses a squad of shooty Termies that Calgar will hang with and possibly drop an orbital barrage on Turn 1 and eat a few wounds for them.  It might work... it might not.  <Broken Link>
I am a little hesitant to roll without my Libby crutch and I would have to repaint some shooty Termies, but it would probably be fun to try.  I am not sure whether I should go with more or less Termies, and whether they should all be the same or not.

Oh... and if anyone knows a good way to display AB lists on blogspot, I would offer you a cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment