Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1500 "Rule of Cool" GKs

Got a good 1000 point game in with GKs tonight.  I proxied up a small force and went against shooty mech Marines.  I like the feel of the army, even at 1000 points.  But without henchman, it's definately very, very squishy (I had a pretty low model count army).  I have also bought into the 5-man GKSS with Pyscannon and Pysback units being touted on the internet.  They definately performed well.  However, GKTs were mediocre at best.  I failed way too many 2+ saves before they could do much.  I also got to see just how nasty Pysfleman dreads are on the tabletop.

I've been reconsidering my 1500 point army for a few days now and in light of recent revelations (Honorguard Counts As), I am thinking about changing it.  I am getting away from the full squads and going to the Pysback Squads.  The extra Justicars seem like they would be very useful along with the extra vehicles.  I also want to try to fit in the Dreadknight Counts As Calgar and/or a Stormraven.  So here's what I came up with:

HQ
Libby with 4 Powers and 2 Skulls

Troops
GKSS x5 with Pyscannon and Pysback (Razorback with Pysbolt Upgrade)
GKSS x5 with Pyscannon and Pysback (Razorback with Pysbolt Upgrade)
GKSS x5 with Pyscannon and Pysback (Razorback with Pysbolt Upgrade)
GKT x5 with Pyscannon

Fast
Stormraven (TL-MM and TL-Assault Cannon)

Heavy
Pysfleman Dread
Pysfleman Dread
Dreadknight (no upgrades)

1490 Points

Overall, another super small model-count army that probably isn't very competitive.  But it's a stepping stone towards this list by Stelek.  I had thought that MM Venerable Dreads would be pretty awesome in the GK army, and I'm stoked to see that I wasn't totally off base.  I would probably "adjust" the list somewhat to try and fit in a DK (gotta have Papa Smurf), and/or a Libby.  I don't think dropping a Pysfleman for a DK would completely break the army.  It's worth a shot.  In any case I'll have an army with cool as hell models. 

No comments:

Post a Comment