Sunday, April 24, 2011

New 2K Draigo List


So I threw the question out to the web about how to run a competitive Draigo list.  The replies I got back were a mixed bag.  Some thought he wasn't as good as a regular GM with grenades while some (like me) are in love with his T5 and Eternal Warrior.  The best advice I saw was to use him in a list similar to a regular GM, so that is what I went with:

HQ
Draigo

Troops
Strike Squad (10) with 2 Pyscannons and Rhino
Strike Squad (5) with Pyscannon and Razorback with Psybolts
Paladin Squad (5)
  MC Pyscannon and Halberd
  MC Pyscannon and DH
  Halberd
  Sword
  Falchion (or a MC Halberd)

Elites
Venerable Dreadnought with MM/HF

Fast Attack
Interceptor Squad (10) with Pyscannon x2, Pysbolts, and MC DH

Heavy
Pysfleman Dreadnought
Pysfleman Dreadnought
Dreadknight with Transporter

The idea is to provide lots of nasty targets for the opponent to deal with. I wanted a Libby, but spending 25% of my list on HQ just didn't seem to be a viable option.  With GM powers, I thought a scouting Interceptor Squad and Dreadknight would be solid choices.  The Interceptors are going to be for screening and harassment while the Ven Dread (which could probably be switched for something else) and Draigo/Paladin mob will form the center of the army.  I am hoping that I have a decent amount of target saturation between the Dreads, Pallies, and DK.  Any comments would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment